MCES Sanitary Sewer Break Along Tuedo Road
This is not a City project, information and contact resources for residents are available on the MCES website .
Halstead Drive Street Improvement Project Updates:
- Halstead Drive from the north side of the roundabout to the east end of the project will be closed beginning Monday, 10/16, tentatively for the next 3-4 weeks.
- The contractor will begin installing curb tentatively on Saturday (10/14) – Residents are asked to keep from driving on the curb while cones are present.
- The contractor will begin paving Halstead Drive from Highland Road through the roundabout and Farmhill Drive tentatively next Wednesday (10/18).
- We have observed vehicles going dangerously fast through the construction areas and ask that drivers keep their speeds down and observe the construction speed limit (30 mph) for everyone’s safety
Construction Schedule Update:
- They are paving today, November 8, 2017, on Halstead Drive from Farmhill Drive to Highland Road. This section may require more than one day of paving.
- The Contractor is grading the aggregate base on Halstead Drive from Farmhill Drive to the north and east towards Lakeside Drive. Paving of this section is planned for Thursday and Friday November 9th and 10th.
- Restoration of driveway pavement on Farmhill and Halstead will begin the week of November 13th.
- Residents can travel in both directions today, November 8th, from Farmhill Drive to access CR 110 West and Highland Road. Drivers should expect minor delays.
- Construction progress is weather dependent and progress updates will be made as more information becomes available.
Questions? Please contact Matt Havlik, the City Project Construction representative at 612-246-9347, or
; or City Engineer Paul Hornby at 651-286-8453, or
; or the Project Manager Nick Guilliams at 651-286-8468 or
Halstead Drive Newsletter July 3, 2017
Project Update Halstead Drive Street Improvement Project
Mill and Overlay Projects
2017 Mill and Overlay notices are going out to residents regarding the work schedule, a summary is as follows:
- Monday, August 28 – Milling of the pavement on Kramer Road and Maple Forest
- Tuesday, August 29 - Begin removal of damaged curb on Kramer Road and Maple Forest
All work is weather dependent.
2016 Mill and Overlay Update November 10th
2016 Mill and Overlay Update November 4th
2016 Mill and Overlay Update October 27th
2016 Mill and Overlay Update October 21st
2016 Mill and Overlay Update October 6th
2016 Mill and Overlay Newsletter September 28th
2016 Mill and Overlay Update September 22nd
2016 Mill and Overlay Newsletter August 12th
2016 Mill and Overlay Update August 8th
2016 Mill and Overlay Location Map
Tuxedo Road/Enchanted Lane:
Grand View Avenue – Grading Wednesday and Thursday, paving Friday this week or Monday next week if there are weather related delays.
Enchanted Lane/Tuxedo Road – Grading the portion by Douglas Park Wednesday, paving on Thursday or Friday this week. the Met Council project is planned to be backfilled and prepped for pavement Wednesday next week. Work will continue to the week after Thanksgiving for clean-up and minor grading items such as shoulders and any driveways that were not completed previously.
- The contractor will not pave a section of Tuxedo Road from the bridge through the first curve to the north, about 300 feet. This is the area the Metropolitan Council will be excavating for their pipe replacement.
- Please use caution driving through this area as there will be several construction vehicles and equipment on the roadway. Drivers should expect minor delays during this time of construction.
All construction work is dependent upon weather conditions, temperature and precipitation. if there is inclement weather, the scheduled work is delayed to the next day.
***Tuxedo boat launch will be closed beginning September 21, 2017 and remaining closed through the duration of the construction project.***
Newsletter September 11, 2017
Tuxedo Boulevard Construction Update and Detours
Project Update Enchanted Lane and Tuxedo Road Street
Project bids will be considered by Council on Monday August 21, 2017
2016-2017 Crack Fill and Seal Coat Improvement Project
2017- Contractor plans to start work on Monday, August 21, 2017, unless delayed by weather. The sealcoat project includes the North and South Saunders Area.
Hennepin County Notices
Hennepin County: County Road 19 Constuction Notice
Hennepin County 10/17/16 Detour Update
Hennepin County CSAH 110, CSAH 6, and CSAH 92 Update:
The schedule for work along CSAH 110 between Sunnybrook and CSAH 6 is as follows;
Now through middle of next week, June 27 th , replacing sections of Curb and Gutter and filling pavement cracks.
June 27 th through July 7 th milling and overlaying roadway. NO WORK Saturday July 1 thru July 4 th .
During work activities roadway will be limited to one lane with flaggers directing traffic, EXPECT DELAYS.
Work on CSAH 110 between CSAH 92 and the west leg of County Road 110 Ext is anticipated to begin following the July 4 th Holiday.
We anticipate this work to be completed before the following Friday, July 14 th .
Mound Area Regional Sewer Improvements
Mound Area Sewer and Lift Station Improvements Project Update:
Full closure of Wilshire Blvd. scheduled to begin in early April
Metropolitan Council Environmental Services (MCES), operator of the metro-area wastewater collection and treatment system, will continue to upgrade the sanitary sewer line along Wilshire Blvd. between Maywood Rd. and Bradford Ln. Construction is anticipated to occur from April 2017 through early 2018, with restoration following in the summer/fall 2018.
Wilshire Boulevard is anticipated to close (see map at www.cityofmound.com) at the beginning of April and remain closed through the end of the year. During the closure, traffic will be detoured using Interlachen Rd., Shoreline Dr. and Commerce Blvd.
Information is posted if/when it is provided to the City by the Metropolitan Council. For the most up to date information, visit their project page .