Council & Commissions
Your local elected and appointed officials are the policy and decision makers for your community. Through their dedicated leadership, Minnetrista maintains itself as one of the finest communities in Minnesota. Access information about current Council and Commission members, existing terms, and past meeting minutes.
- Mayor and Council - Find out who are your representatives and view previous meeting minutes
- Planning Commission - Find out who is on the Planning Commission and view previous meeting minutes
- Park & Recreation Commission - Find out who is on the Park Commission and view previous meeting minutes
- City Meeting Calendar - See the city's meeting calendar for the entire month
- Upcoming Meeting Agendas - Find out what will be discussed at upcoming meetings.
- Receive a copy of the meeting packet - Request a copy of the packet of staff reports the City Council receives prior to each meeting. Charges may apply for paper copies. Electronic copies sent via email are free.
Minnetrista is Accepting Applications for their Parks Commission & Planning Commission
Are you interested in getting more involved in your community? If so, the City of Minnetrista is accepting applications for the volunteer positions of Parks Commissioner & Planning Commissioner. There is currently two open seats on the Parks Commission and two open seats on the Planning Commission all for terms beginning in January of 2017. Parks Commissioners serve a three year term and meet the second Tuesday of each month, while Planning Commissioners serve a four year term and meet the fourth Monday of each month. Please consider getting involved and contributing to the governance of your community.
A Parks Commissioner works to ensure that the Parks, Trails and Open Space Plan is implemented by reviewing development applications on a case-by-case basis and the annual Parks Capital Improvement Plan.
A Planning Commissioner reviews all applications for development, variances, and other land use applications, while also reviewing proposed policy changes by making recommendations to the City Council for new or updated ordinances.
If you or someone you know are interested, please contact City Hall at 952-446-1660 or visit http://www.cityofminnetrista.com to obtain an application or to inquire about specific duties and responsibilities. Applications are due by Wednesday November 30, 2016 at 4:00 P.M.