Minnetrista's Public Works Department strives to continually maintain and improve Minnetrista's streets, roads, parks, natural resources, water and sewer services. The Public Works Department is responsible for the City's infrastructure which includes:
- 20 lift stations
- 38 miles of sewer pipe (approx.)
- Two flow stations
- Three water towers
- Seven wells with 28.33 miles of water pipe
- Play equipment in 9 of 14 city owned parks
- Two boat ramps
- One fishing pier
- 19 miles of gravel (approx.)
- 52 miles of paved roads (approx.)
- 90 miles of ditches
- All city-owned vehicles, equipment and facilities
|General Public Works inquiries||Phone: 952-446-1312||Email:email@example.com|
|Gary Peters, Director of Public Works||Phone: 952-241-2532||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mike Pawelk, Water Operations||Phone: 952-446-1312||Email: email@example.com|
Meet Gary Peters
Gary Peters was appointed as the Public Works Superintendent in May 2012. Before becoming Public Works Superintendent, Gary worked at the City of Chanhassen (1987-1998) as the Public Works Heavy Equipment Operator, Operations Manager (1998-2006,) and at the City of Eden Prairie at a Street Department Lead. Peters has a Bachelors degree in engineering from St. Cloud State University. Peters and his family currently reside in Waconia.
- 2022 Weight Restriction List
- Report street light outage
- Streets and Roads : Includes information about ditch mowing, dust reduction programs, road maintenance, sidewalks, trails, signs, snow removal, surface water drainage, street sweeping, tree trimming and hydrant flushing
- General Specifications and Standard Detail Plates for Street and Utility Construction 2022: Includes information about Minnetrista's utility and construction specifications and detail plates. For more information, contact the Engineering department at 952-241-2535.
- Solid Waste and Recycling
- Noise Regulations: Chapter 10 Section 1005.03 of the City Code states that operation of earth moving or related construction equipment for which a building permit, grading permit or other City approval is required shall be restricted to the hours or 7:00 am through 7:00 pm Monday through Friday, and 8:00 am through 6:00 pm on Saturday. No such equipment shall be operated on Sunday or the following Holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas Day unless approved by the City Council.