Minnetrista's Public Works Department strives to continually maintain and improve Minnetrista's streets, roads, parks, natural resources, water and sewer services. The Public Works Department is responsible for the City's infrastructure which includes:
- 18 lift stations
- 27.72 miles of sewer pipe (approx.)
- Two flow stations
- Two water towers
- Five wells with 28.33 miles of water pipe
- Play equipment in thirteen city owned parks
- Two boat ramps
- One fishing pier
- 20.28 miles of gravel (approx.)
- 38.43 miles of paved roads (approx.)
- 90 miles of ditches
- All city-owned vehicles, equipment and facilities
|Generic Pubic Works inquiries||Phone: 952-446-1312||Email:email@example.com|
|Gary Peters, Public Works Superintendent||Phone: 952-241-2532||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mike Pawelk, Water Operations||Phone: 952-446-1312||Email: email@example.com|
Meet Gary Peters
Gary Peters was appointed as the Public Works Superintendent in May 2012. Before becoming Public Works Superintendent, Gary worked at the City of Chanhassen (1987-1998) as the Public Works Heavy Equipment Operator, Operations Manager (1998-2006,) and at the City of Eden Prairie at a Street Department Lead. Peters has a Bachelors degree in engineering from St. Cloud State University. Peters and his family currently reside in Waconia.
- Report street light outage
- 2021 Hydrant Flushing
- 2021 Sewer Jetting
- A letter from our Superintendent regarding Snow Removal Operations: Winter parking guidelines are in effect beginning November 1 and remain in place through March 31: No parking along any City streets between the hours of 2:00 am and 6:00 am.
- Noise Regulations: Chapter 10 Section 1005.03 of the City Code states that operation of earth moving or related construction equipment for which a building permit, grading permit or other City approval is required shall be restricted to the hours or 7:00 am through 7:00 pm Monday through Friday, and 8:00 am through 6:00 pm on Saturday. No such equipment shall be operated on Sunday or the following Holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas Day unless approved by the City Council.
- Utilities : Includes information about gas, electric, recycling, septic, well, sewer, water and solid waste.
- Wellhead Protection
- Solid Waste and Recycling
- Streets and Roads : Includes information about ditch mowing, dust reduction programs, road maintenance, sidewalks, trails, signs, snow removal, surface water drainage, street sweeping, tree trimming and hydrant flushing.
- Stormwater Management : Includes information about surface water management, regulations the city is required to meet, how to conserve water, about conservation stewardship programs and more.
- Permits and Licenses
- Severe Weather Awareness
- Wellhead Protection
- General Specifications and Standard Detail Plates for Street and Utility Construction: Includes information about Minnetrista's utility and construction specifications and detail plates. For more information, contact the Engineering department at 952-241-2535.