Campaign Signs


Campaign signs of any size and in any number are allowed on private property with permission of the property owner. Signs are not permitted on publicly owned land including but not limited to public schools, city parks etc. Signs are also not permitted to be posted on street signs or utility poles. Neither are they allowed to be in the public right-of-way. Please contact the County Surveyors department at (612) 348-3131 if you need assistance determining the location of county right-of-way. Unfortunately, the city does not have staffing available to provide this service. 


Contact Minnetrista City Hall to file a complaint about the placement of a sign on a city street or on city property. If a sign violation is found along a city street, the City will contact the campaign chair, candidate, or property owner. The city will request correction by the end of the next business day. If a sign is determined to pose a safety hazard, City staff will remove the sign immediately and without notification. All signs not claimed within seven (7) days will be disposed of. 

Contact the Hennepin County Transportation Department to file complaints about signs along county roadways.

Contact the Minnesota Department of Transportation to file complaints about signs along state roadways.

Contact the Minnesota Office of Administrative Hearings at (612) 341-7600 to file a complaint about the content of a sign including complaints regarding disclaimer language.

General Information