The Community Development Department consists of the Community Development Director, City Planner, Building Official, and Building Inspector.
The Planning, Zoning and Land Use Division is responsible for guiding development and regulating land use that facilities thoughtfully planned, balanced and diverse development that meets the long-range plans and goals of the City of Minnetrista.
Typical Duties include:
- Provide professional advice, technical expertise and information to other City Departments, Commissions, and City Council
- Implementation of 2040 Comprehensive Plan
- Administration of Zoning Ordinances
- Development and site plan review for conformance with City's adopted policies and ordinances
- Process and review land use applications
- Review residential and commercial plans and assist in building permit review
- Answer questions and requests for information from the public regarding zoning and property information.
The Building Inspections Division is responsible for ensuring that new construction and remodeling of buildings in the City meet the required standards regulated by the State Building Code for the safety and security of all residents. Our staff efficiently answers applicant questions, reviews plans, issues permits, and performs site inspections to ensure high quality building standards.
Building permits applications can be found below.
To schedule a building inspection:
- Phone: (952) 446-1660
- minnetrista [at] ci.minnetrista.mn.us (Email)