What is Trista Day?
Trista Day started in 2001 as an attempt to get safety information to kids in our community. We quickly learned that helicopters and food draw a lot of kids and adults as well. This proved to be a great opportunity to educate our community on issues like seatbelt use, air bag safety, gun safety, fire prevention, theft prevention, first aid, water safety, park and trail safety, victim services, DWI prevention and many other safety topics. At its heart Trista Day has always been a safety education event. An added bonus is that it's been a lot of fun. Over the years, Trista Day has evolved to include more of the businesses in our area and what they have to offer. We also provide information on all of our City operations. Trista Day is a great family friendly event that continues to add more and more every year. If you've never attended Trista Day, please join us this year! Free water and popcorn will be provided. There will also be food trucks with items for purchase.
What to expect in 2023
- Safety Education Displays
- Kid's Activities
- Petting Zoo
- Pony Rides
- Product displays and promotional items
- Free popcorn and Water
- Market BBQ Food truck for purchase
- Buddy Boy BBQ tent for purchase
- What's the Scoop Ice Cream Truck for purchase
Trista Day is a great way to promote your business or organization! Whether you are selling items, giving away organization materials, or just telling us about your business or organization, you are welcome at Trista Day! Below is additional information.
- If you would like to register for Trista Day, click here to complete the booth registration form. Booth assignments will be sent to you the first week of May.
- If you you plan to give away food samples that are not packaged items (such as bottled water/pop, candy bars, etc.), you will need to obtain a Hennepin County Itinerant Food Event License. The food license will be good for the day of our event and costs $96. You can download a copy of the food license here . If you have any questions on the application, you can contact the Health Inspector's Office at 612-543-5200.
- We are asking all vendors check in between 9:00am and 10:15am on May 20, 2023 at the Minnetrista City Hall front desk. Booths need to be completely set up and vehicles need to be in place by 10:30am to make sure we do not have moving vehicles in the event area as people are arriving. Your participation in the event will be noted on our website.
- Please be sure to check in BEFORE setting up as booth assignments may change to ensure the best balance, crowd flow, and safety. We would hate for anyone to get set up before checking in and find they have to move everything.
- Trista Day is a rain or shine event and will not be rescheduled due to the weather.
- Vendors must comply with all State, County and local laws and regulations.
Trista Day Flyer
Businesses and Organizations contributing to 2023 Trista Day
- A-1 Rental
- A6 Homes LLC - Handyman Services (FREE giveaways)
- Broadway Tent & Event
- Buddy Boy BBQ (food tent with items for purchase)
- Crime Prevention Fund
- Dojo Karate (FREE demonstration)
- Fetch! Pet Care West Metro (FREE raffle basket giveaway)
- Freshwater Learning Center (FREE Bounce House and treat bags)
- Gillespie Center
- Hennepin County Sheriff's Office K-9 (FREE K-9 demo)
- Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Mounted Patrol
- Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Water Patrol
- Jubilee Foods
- Lake Minnetonka Conservation District
- Lifelink III (helicopter landing)
- Market BBQ (food truck with items for purchase)
- Minnetrista City Council
- Minnetrista Police (FREE fingerprint kits, hand-outs, child safety seat information and more!)
- Minnetrista Public Works (FREE tree saplings)
- MN DNR
- MN State Highway Patrol (FREE roll-over simulator)
- Mound Fire Department (FREE on-going demonstrations)
- Northstar Ice
- Pony Trail Blazers (FREE pony rides) sponsored in part by Xcel Energy
- Rakow Ranch (FREE petting zoo with goats, sheep, alpacas, rabbits, ducks & geese)
- Ridgeview Medical Center Ambulance
- River Valley Church (2 FREE bounce houses & sponsor of the popcorn tent - FREE popcorn)
- Snake Eyes Yard Games (items for sale and on display)
- Sojourner Project (FREE giveaways)
- Southwest Eye Care
- St. Bonifacius Fire Department (FREE on-going demonstrations)
- State Farm / Charlson Insurance Agency (FREE giveaways)
- Three Rivers Park District Police
- U of M Department of Horticultural Science (Irrigation trailer for water conservation & education)
- Waste Management
- WeCAN (FREE giveaways)
- Westonka Animal Hospital (pet first aid education & FREE products)
- Westonka Bus Service (bus on display & FREE giveaways)
- Westonka Historical Society
- What's the Scoop (ice cream truck with items for purchase)
- Xcel Energy - partial sponsor of pony rides